The Happy Place
I’m very excited to announce the publication of my first book! I want to introduce it to you by opening the book to the first page. This page introduces the book better than any other words can. After you read it, follow the links to Amazon to have The Happy Place delivered instantly to your Kindle Reader or your free Kindle app!
The Happy Place
“’Who in the world am I?
Ah, that’s the great puzzle!”
~ Alice in Wonderland ~
Do you ever wake in the morning feeling sad or “off,” and you don’t know why? Do you wonder how you can already be feeling anything when you haven’t even had time to think? I used to feel this way every morning. I thought it was normal. My usual response was this: think about the day ahead, search for something good to look forward to, and stack these better feelings on top of the bad feelings until I didn’t feel the negative ones anymore.
It never occurred to me to wonder why I awoke this way. For me, mornings had been like this for as long as I could remember. I accepted these morning feelings as little battles I had to fight. I was good at fighting them. After I had dealt with them, I never gave them any thought at all.
While the morning feelings did not make it onto my list of feelings to examine, many others did. I was adept at facing my feelings and doing something about them. I sought to understand them.
Anthony de Mello, Jesuit Priest, psychotherapist and writer, often said awareness is everything. I had noticed that as soon as I understood why I felt a certain way, I would feel quite a bit better. “Knowing is 90% of the healing!” I used to say. But what about the other 10%?
What do we do when we know why we feel the way we do, but the “knowing” doesn’t make the bad feeling go away? What do we do about the morning feelings and other unwanted feelings that are too low on the radar to merit professional attention, but too prevalent and painful to ignore?
The answers to all these questions came to me while I was traveling in Europe with my daughter. But the story began long before the wheels of the plane touched the runway on the other side of the ocean…
$4.99 – available at Amazon.com in Kindle format.
Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Just do this:
1/ Go to this link to get a free program (called a “Kindle App”) that lets you read Kindle books on your computer!
2/ Go to amazon.com to buy the book in seconds!
3/ Enjoy reading The Happy Place on your Kindle App on your computer!
Tell your friends about The Happy Place!
Designed with Thesis by