2017 is Here! Are You Ready?
How do you enter into a New Year? Do you have a ritual that helps you release the year just past? Do you record the highlights in a book and then put the book away or write them down on a piece of paper and burn it? Do you have lists of things you want to do and accomplish in the New Year? What is your process?
This year, first I put 2016 to bed, eagerly, without a snack or fanfare, bidding it a hasty and relieved adieu. Then I opened a new note in my iPod to record thoughts that had been percolating in my head for some time now. I was surprised to see that every goal I had for 2017 had to do with the number “two”.
Here are my intentions for 2017:
- Read two books every two weeks – an inspiring non-fiction to learn something new and a pure, and a well-written work of fiction to relax with. Note: I read them both at once, which is why I don’t say “a book a week”. And reading more means much less screen time.
- Watch two TED Talks every couple of days. This is my screen/relaxing time, and also a source of inspiration and education. I’m looking forward to seeing what I can learn. If you have suggestions of good TED talks, please share them in the comments.
- Do two forms of exercise a day; one involving fresh air and either yoga or rebounding.
- Publish two books, the community building book and the children’s book.
- Welcome the second wave of blogging fun at LFI. I believe, and I’m not the only one, that there is a second wave coming, something bigger and grander than the one we all enjoyed a few years back. I don’t know exactly what shape it will take, but I feel it’s coming and it will be fun. Here, I’d like to have more conversation, like we used to have. We shall see.
So, there are my five intentions for 2017. It’s going to be a busy year.
Are you ready for 2017? What is your process? What are your intentions and plans?