Articles Posted in the " community " Category

• What Makes You Happy?

What Makes You Happy?

I’ve found him! I’ve found the Guru on the mountaintop; Dr. Ed Diener who is considered the world authority on human happiness! Dr. Diener is a psychologist and author who has been studying happiness for over twenty-five..

• Do You Give a Little Love?

Do You Give a Little Love?

“…what you share with the world is what it keeps of you.” I was going down the aisle of the post office and a man was coming towards me up the narrow aisle. I moved my bags..

• Technology: Are We Too Connected?

There are many who say we are too connected via our smart phones and social media sites. Months ago I was inclined to agree. Technology like smart phones, iPads, and iPods are like brand new toys so..

• Will You Walk a Mile in My Shoes?

They say you can never truly understand someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes, but can you ever really do that? I never knew what to say at a funeral wake until my mother..

• Gratitude is Not Enough: Here’s Why

I believe Gratitude has a very high vibration and I believe in the Law of Attraction which says we attract more of what we vibrate.  So it would follow that if we vibrate gratitude we attract more..

• What’s the Big Deal About Community?

Today the label “Community” is applied to any group of people who frequent the same place.  That’s not necessarily a Community – it’s often just a group of people who frequent the same place.  Some of these..

• What is Normal?

I watched a great documentary program called Doc Zone recently, an episode called “The Age of Anxiety”. It was about the over-prescribing of drugs for what are now known as anxiety disorders. People interviewed said what we..

• Who’s Got Your Back?

Who supports you no matter what’s going on in your life?  We need to know there is someone there to support us, to be there when things don’t go well.  Who’s got your back? I’m in a..