What is Community Building Worth?
How do you assign a monetary value to community building?
Recently, I met a natural community builder (I love when that happens!) A manager, he told me how he builds community with his employees. After an intriguing conversation with him, I asked, “Why do you do this?” He said, “Retention” and went on to say that the cost of replacing an employee could be upwards of $150,000.00 by the time the cost of a head-hunter, the hiring process, and training are factored in.
When I mentioned this to a friend who is in a high-level position in her organization, she said, “I’ve heard a ratio of two times the departing employee’s salary …recognizing that the more senior the person (and therefore higher salary) the more impact the turnover has. Bottom line: it’s a lot of money.”
What is community building worth to your organization?
People in the organizations I’ve worked with outlined these benefits:
- Forging an immediate and deeper connection with everyone at the table
- Becoming a highly effective and cohesive group
- Recognizing that everyone can make a difference in the lives of others
- Creating openness and empathy
- Defining our next priorities as a group
- Communicating and connecting in ways that will enable us to grow and move toward our common goals
- Learning how to better communicate and be a better listener
- Highlighting some areas our group could define better
- We need to be in a community in order to reach our goals as an organization
- This community-building workshop is well designed and accessible to all
- Community building is a necessity for all to thrive and impact our world positively
- I recommend this workshop to any group that wishes to achieve professional and personal success
- Everyone needs community and connection
If you’d like to see what I can do for your organization, contact me!