Why It’s So Hard to Change
If you read my book, The Happy Place, you know how much I admire Dr Joe Dispenza and his book, Evolve Your Brain. If you’ve ever wondered why it’s so hard to change yourself or your life – yet how you can change both – watch this video!
What struck me most about what Dr. Joe said was a question he posed; “What are you mentally rehearsing all day long?” I realized it is with my thoughts that I “mentally rehearse” and what I mentally rehearse long enough I manifest!
I watched the program twice on Saturday and let it all settle in overnight. On Sunday morning I had some clarity about it and I made a decision I’ve been in the business of honoring ever since. It’s a three-fold decision:
1) I will not spend time in my past thinking about anything that is not pleasant and happy. I don’t want to mentally rehearse things I don’t want!
2) I will root myself deeply in the present moment, flowing happily and enjoying the experiences.
3) I will consciously create my future by mentally rehearsing what I want to experience in it.
- I only visit the past to enjoy pleasant memories. No more time wasted there.
- I enjoy the present moment where I am safe from the grasp of past and secure in the knowledge that I am creating my future from here.
- I see the future through the eyes of the present where I am in the process of manifesting all the wonderful things I want via mental rehearsal; my powerful thoughts.
As I write this it has only been a few days since I have been honoring these decisions but it has been an amazing few days which have encouraged me to continue on this path!
After you watch it, come back to the porch and share what impressed you most.