What Things are on Your Holiday To Do List?
There are always five things on my Holiday To Do list:
- getting the Christmas cards ready and mailed
- shopping; this is when it begins to feel like Christmas!
- baking the traditional family sweets
- decorating; I’m trying something different this year – a more minimalist style
- wrapping; I love to do this in front of the TV when a Christmas Special is airing
I usually decorate the house on December first. That’s when I pull out the Christmas music too, mainly because the CD’s have been packed away with the decorations. By then there is usually snow, bringing up my energy and giving a Christmassy feeling to whatever I’m doing. We save the tree for last, making it a day-long event, but that’s for a later post.
By December first the unfinished items on my To Do list are consigned to a count-down/schedule with each day tending to a Christmas preparation item. I’m as excited about Christmas today as when I was eight years old. Some things should not be outgrown.
What things are on your Holiday To Do list?
photo credit: Liz West